View Single Post
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM

Let's see if I can make it worse jecht ....j/k...

@Kanji-kun - The anime seems to branched from the manga then because the moment the director dies mello immediately makes the assessment that Kira has direct access to police information. If not how could Kira know that the director was being traded? Sure, Kira knows the director is a public figure, but without access to police files, Kira would never know about the trade.

Thus if the anime depicted that Mello had surmised that Kira had access to police files, it would only logically lead to the conclusion that Kira had access to the Sayu trade as well. Which is why him not killing Sayu might be even more disastorous than if he had killed her.

Of course the third observation to make is that simply killing each of the hostages would not aid Kira in anyway in finding the true identities of Mello and his gang. So it is possible that Kira let Sayu live because that would help him deduce (with Misa's help of course) the names and faces of the gang memebers based on some plot he has planned for the future. That way, Sayu as such becomes inconsequential. She is simply bait... first on mello's side to draw the police out and get the book and next on kira's side to draw mello out and kill him *this second part is simply speculation*

Nevertheless, on the whole based on the anime that has been telecast so far I'd have to say that Kira staying away from Sayu didn't seem to hint in any way toward criminal offences being absent on Sayu's end. Kira has clearly shown in the past with the FBI murders that anyone on his trail bites the dust, criminal or not. Why he left Sayu alone is either because he couldn' handle the emotional stress of writing his own family's name on the death note, or because he has a bigger plan to get at mello and his gang by letting Sayu live...

As far as L is concerned, I've got to agree with Kanji... Like I mentioned before I just feel luck has played against L. Rem wouldn't help him, Misa and Kira both had the death note and L was unaware of Shinigami powers and didn't have time enough to deduce them. All in all it resulted in his untimely passage out of this dimension *cries*

I'm not trying to hold up a debate, I'm just trying to clear up my understanding of the way the anime has portrayed Sayu's release and Kira's emotion.

All in All.. I'm AN L SUPPORTER! Go L!

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?

Last edited by AoshiShinomori : 04-30-2007 at 09:19 PM.