View Single Post
(#74 (permalink))
Old
ivory_byrd (Offline)
J*Rock Geisha

12-01-2006, 07:06 PM

the grudge two actually had a good japanese-based storyline... i think the director didnt want it to be a real remake just took some parts and made it seem like the same thing will happen over and over again for all eternity... it was around the end you realize that kayako's mother fed her evil spirits as a child... that was the reason behind her being so creepy... i look at it this way tho for the grudge movies...

the first two of the Ju-On Saga were the Tv Movies
Ju on the curse 1
Ju on the curse 2

then the theatrical releases
Ju On
Ju On 2

Then the Americanized Theatrical Sequals to the Japanese Films
The Grudge
The Grudge 2

Not entirely a remake but a branching off... like for example " a few years later after the first in home aid died an american aid transfer stumbles into the house... " sort of like a repeat in history...

Dont get me wrong there were some really bad things about the grudge 2 i didnt like... like how pple who didnt even go into the house still got killed... and the whole other family started a new thing in america... dont know how the cat demon boy fell into that but oh well...

But my main point is that they really aren't remakes at all just chapters in a powerful saga... and if you go into watching the movies with that mindset you might like them better.... or not... but i enjoyed them but thats just me!

...blah....