View Single Post
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
Nard-kun your words make for a very good debate. But I must say that just because someone has the "right" to pass judgement on others that does not deem them righteous. Light is not out to judge others so that he might make the world a more peaceful place, although he DID start out this way. Eventually, tho the power you speak of took him over and now he will do ANYTHING to get what HE wants, not what is right for the world.
L was righteous in his way of believing that what Light was doing was wrong. While the world was being rid of criminals, it was being done so by commiting a criminal act in itself.

L was "right" in wanting to punish Light for murdering people, and Light was "wrong" in thinking that he could create a Utopia. No such thing could ever be possible

Just to add *sniffs* I do feel L was wrong for putting any amount of trust in Light. Oh the tragedy!! *faints!*
*huggles to Oren-san first* No hard feelings? ^_^ Ok, now that that's settled...

So are you saying the police isn't righteous then? Apparently, everyone else seems to think they have the "rights" to. What makes you think he's become so conceited now? Give me evidence of that and we'll see from there.
If one criminal act could rid the world of dozens of others, I view it as a noble cause. The end justifies the means.

L was wrong in wanting to punish Light because he wanted to make the world a better place to reside in. Just because it can't be possible, doesn't mean it is wrong. All the more we should pursue to achieve it. Let's take for example my dream is to become a lawyer. In my current state, it's practically impossible, however, there's always that possibility if I strive for it. I won't just resign myself to my destiny so simply without putting up a struggle. Have you ever heard of the saying, "Practice makes perfect?"

Indeed that was a wrong move L made. I'd expected him to be more intelligent than that actually.

Edited: Itsuki-kun, I'm not one would call, living in luxury right now.. Living thriftily for the moment =P

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.