(#374 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-19-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulgarshudder View Post
Sorry to jump in but this has been answered. She has JLPT lvl 1, native speaker that includes reading and writing.
Wow, I`m actually amazed that someone read through all the countless pages of this!
Seriously, I don`t mean it in a sarcastic way. I doubt I would have read through all of it.

Anyway, I can`t say that I`m native speaker level. My writing could definitely use some work - It`s not that I *can`t* write, it`s just I tend to get panicky about any kanji I`m not used to writing. (Wait... This looks right, but.... that one stroke might be wrong...... ) So I end up having to check on my cell phone. 9 times out of 10, it`s right.

My reading is pretty close to native level, I would guess. There are some words that I may not know how to read but know the meaning for, or don`t know the meaning for but can read.... Otherwise, I can read most anything. I`ve read quite a few novels, read the news in Japanese, done translation work, and even data entry all in Japanese (data entry REALLY tests your skills because all the original is handwritten.)

As for starting a new identity.... I live here. It would be really hard to go through life without communicating or knowing what was going on around me.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.