(#79 (permalink))
Old
Vulgarism (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Vulgarism
12-29-2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harima_Hario View Post
Ju-On 2 is just gross. the woman giving birth bit, its bad enough in real labour. we men faint at the oppotunity, not that ive experienced the wonders of child birth. :P

The japanese aren't the only ones to make clever horror films. Also The chinese and the koreans. The last good korean one i watched was A tale of two sisters and from China The Eye. I dont know if any of them were scary, i dont get scared watching horror movies, i grew up watching them and im desensitised. So im missing out on the experience, i only watch them for the cinematography and style. Silent Hill (story was bad) and the descent, being my favs for the past year or so.

The Host (korea) looks really good. Check out the trailer here Magnolia Pictures :: Film Details.
Watch Gozu. Tis all I'll tell you .

Anyhoo, anyone enjoy the Guinea Pig movies? Sure, they are just exploitation, but the FX are amazing for the time. Naked Blood wasn't bad neither. I am up for anything Miike, so I have to add Audition, Ichi the Killer, Izo, and Happiness of the Katakuris, which is by far my favorite movie of all time.

And I do also agree about Korea and China. R-Point was great, as The Eye. But right now, Park Chan-Wook is the greatest director in my eyes. If you watch the vengeance trilogy, you'll see why. Not only does he make you feel like a part of the movie, he makes you hate the antagonist. Films don't do that much anymore. The great thing about the vengeance trilogy is that it is a trilogy linked by a single though--Not a story. Revenge. You can watch Oldboy alone and come out a changed person, or you can watch all three of the movies and feel something you've never felt before.

Asian horror and drama is what good film-making is right now.