(#55 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

08-07-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdirufangirl09 View Post
warning!!: long entry!!

My great-grandmother died this year. As none of you may know[hehe], my birthday is on June 14th and this year i celebrated my sweet sixteen. my real b-day feel on a weekday so we ended up celebrating on June 16th. me and my best friend were in the swimming pool when i noticed my grandparents and mom had left.

my great g-ma had been in a nursing home since March and not doing well and tonight[june 16] she was horrible. june 17th was father's day. me and my best friend woke up and my dad took her home while my mom was at my g-ma's house. my dad said it was because she needed to be with her dad on father's day. i was playing ddr when my mom came home and she asked if my dad said anything. i said no. then she told me my great g-ma had died that morning[june 17].

to tell you the truth, i wasn't surprised; i saw it coming. it wasn't until i was alone or at the funeral when it hit me. i felt so bad. i never went to see her while she was in the nursing home. but she was in bad condition, can you blame me?

i have this beautiful blouse she made me, it's jade green with black piping and a mandarin collar. she never got to see me wear it. i want to cry everyday because i think getting to see me would have help her a little bit. i'm not try to brag or sound conceited, but she loved me more than anything, as i did her. she was a very strong woman, lived to be 89. she sewed anytime she could and was a celebrity in her small town because of it.

so in her memory, i want to get a tattoo of a sewing needle with a thread going through the eye, making a heart with a cursive 'E'[her name is Estelle]. i want it to look like it's going through my skin. here's a crappy example i concocted.

Attachment 2154

can anyone maybe make a good realistic looking sketch for me? it would really mean a lot to me.

thanks,
Kelly
i totally understand what your going through, my grandma died on my 12th birthday. Hence the reason, why im never allowed to celebrate much on my birthday

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"