View Single Post
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Hyshinara (Offline)
New to JF

11-03-2007, 01:57 AM

Sorry for digging this topic back up, but I just joined (hi everybody!)

Prepare for a loooooong text...

First off, I had this argue about sports and games before and I now think pool, bowling etc are sports (they are on Eurosport, so meh...) but Beyblading is a game... but that doesn't make it worth less

So uhm, Beyblading was fun
6 years ago, every noon at school, we would go to the cellar or an empty hallway of the school to play it
I had/still have (let me check for a moment)... Bakushin-Oh (no, it's not gay, the actual thing is indigo, not violet, so pleh)
and Driger-F ! yay!

I was the first one to do something special with mine: by putting the zipline in the other side of the block, it was possible to make a right-spinner spin left
This came in handy combined with my Bakushin-Oh, since the blades would then hit the others on top and push there sides down, instead of just hitting them. They would then most likely touch the floor, slow down and stop

Anyway, when the second series of beyblades came (incl. Driger-F) we started to get bored and wanted cheap modifications... luckily for us, there was Kellogg's! Every week, each of us would have gotten a new attack disk from one of the boxes and we would be sadisfied once more...

But then we started wanting 'extreme' things from our beyblades like making them bounce around and on top of the opponent and actually making them slice stuff etc XD

I gave my Driger-F a spring and a little piece of drinking straw instead of the metal tip et voila, bouncing beyblading was born XD
Later on, a friend of mine came to school with one of the Kellogg's attack disk (which had decorative holes) that had nails twisted through it...
Once it started turning, the nails would fly open and do there stuff...
After that, I made one with maces (fishing leads), but that didn't work out.
Someone also made one with the heads of matches in it, so it would turn on fire when it hit the walls (yay for metal beyblades)
But the most awesome beyblades ever where the ones with cutter knives
Finally, we had what we wanted: objects of fun and massive cutting at a high-speed velocity... no, not really, but it was pretty neat how we modified them

It was about that time that they got angry at us and we where restricted access to the cellar and the hallways at noon XD

After 2 years of fun, we never played it again...

Best 6th and 5th grade I could wish for, haha

-------------
Whow man, this text is reeeeeally loooooong...