Thread: Harajuku!
View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
dragonflyheels (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to dragonflyheels Send a message via MSN to dragonflyheels
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM

I think some people are under the impression that:

Harajuku = footpath in Tokyo OR fashion in Tokyo

I want to go to Kyoto more [now- after deciding], because it looks so nice in those holiday magazines... but I definitely want to go to Tokyo to raid the clothes shops without actually buying much considering I need to get it home and the fact I'll already be stuffing my bags full of lychee hi-chew sweets, because I can't get them here and any cheap or nice booze I find... also the fact I'll be trying to budget, because when I'm set loose in the shops I buy everything in site that I take a liking to. Except I guess I won't be coming back with mountains of books like i did from Italy, due to the fact just looking at Japanese sends my head spinning- too difficult for me, I'll just stick to my European languages [o and I don't read much Italian, they sell loads of books in English].
And also to what it's like... I dunno, never been, but seems similar to Birmingham city centre... with all the fashion shops, long roads and like the Harajuku bridge [am I right here?] is kinda like pigeon, because of all the young people that hang out there... I seem to compare everything to Birmingham... but I suppose it is the one city I know really well and it is like this one big shopping place.