View Single Post
(#769 (permalink))
Old
Wyverian (Offline)
The Truly Insane One

Send a message via ICQ to Wyverian Send a message via AIM to Wyverian Send a message via MSN to Wyverian Send a message via Yahoo to Wyverian Send a message via Skype™ to Wyverian
11-26-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
Your opinion is considered, and respected. With that said, I feel that you may not be up to date with how the game is right now. Because there are plenty more besides me who think the dunes are a bit boring. Can you explain, in your own words, how the dunes are fun? Because you haven't explained it, and I can't see how it is fun. You just might reveal somethig I haven't thought about, something to enhance the experience. But to me, right now, all I do is Provoke every 30 seconds and using weapon skills when I can inbetween auto-attacks.

I really think you've missed my point altogether...

Also, please do state how Monster Hunter is not repetitive. You still haven't presented anything that proves me wrong. Although it's all relative and a matter of opinion, I would never design a game to be like Monster Hunter because there is no DRIVE. WHY are you getting better gear? WHY are you hunting these monsters. WHY do the one who gives you quests want you to do this? WHAT is the story behind these monsters? WHAT ELSE is out there in the world? WHERE are all the other people? WHY can't I be outside the village as long as I want and explore all I want without having any sort of time limit? WHO are these people?

So many questions and most if not all are unanswered in the game. I'm sorry, but gaming has evolved to the point that many of these needs answers. With realism coms the demand of explanation and depth. And the fact that doing what you do in Monster Hunter is so fun only makes it worse that it had to be short on so many things. Counter-arguments please.

NOTE: I'm not bashing, flaming or attacking anything or anyone, I'm merely conversing and duscussing in a respectful and orderly manner here. No one should in any way be offended by what I say as these are just my opinions. However, these are my UNBIASED opinions. They're based from looking at it from a general gamer's perspective and from a designer's point of view. In reality, I've been moaning for over a year about how our local game stores never have this game in because I WANT TO BUY IT. Despite what I think are shortcomings that makes this game only so-so, I still want to play it because sometimes I want to do what you can do in MH. It just bothers me extremely much that I can't do anything else, which is what my point is.
Okay you want examples those are easy enough to give. Take a level 15 or so party and camp and level where the Valkrum Emperor spawns. Then proceed to claim and run when it spawns, I enjoyed watching him rip through level tens to the point I was laughing so hard I was crying. Also it all depends on your group, I find that the groups in Valkrum tend to be very stupid so I sat back and laughed at them. I was a very good party leader so I was able to get the team to work together quite well to the point we had skill chains going.

I found the variation of item finding, capture, and hunting quests to be enough. I also thought the variety of Monsters was nice. Why get better gear, I find a game FAQ person put it this way.

"Quests means more junk
More Junk means better monsters you can beat
Better monsters means more Quests
More Quests means Better Junk"

As I said my opinion, you will just have to settle for me disagreeing with you. But since you are demanding answers I will delve as deep as I can. You are hunting Monsters to become the best Hunter in the world, the game even states that. As for why they want you to do that did you not even read the quest description it tells you why right in there! What is the story of the animals on earth? I am pretty sure its the same as the monsters in the game. I am guessing there are other towns and villages in the world as well as deserts, mountains, volcanoes, plains, jungles, and etc... You are doing a mission that you have a time limit, and the game is mission based hence why the time limits. They are your friends and family.

Now you don't get off topic this is a Final Fantasy 11 thread not a Monster Hunter thread.