View Single Post
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
02-01-2008, 01:56 AM

After having pickled Kanji-kun's brain a little and after heartily having engaged in intense discussion I'm going to try to consolidate our random musings through the capacities of a deathnote.

The deathnote can be used on humans to kill them.. true. The deathnote can be used by shinigami to literally "suck" the life from humans... true. But is that really the only capacity of the deathnote?

What happens if I use the death note on a building? Can I "kill" it? If there was a building that I really didn't like then in my head "killing" it would be equal to destroying it and bringing it to the ground. If killing a human can be described as "taking from a state of lively health to the lack of it" then why cant the same be applied to a building?

If one were to argue that a building were non-living and hence there is no life to steal then I will argue back that its a claustrophobic view that makes on decide that. As humans we "define" alive as being capable of living and breathing but in truth just because we define "alive" in such a way does not mean that it is the absolute way in which "alive" can ever be defined.

If someone were crazy enough to believe a building to be alive then the deathnote can react to their thoughts and "kill" a building by bringing it down to the ground.

Eventually both buildings and humans are just atoms. If someone were to truly believe that both these 'collection of atoms' had a conciousness and that this conciouness was more pronounced in humans than in buildings then as long as they actually believe it they have the capacity to "kill" that conciousness with the deathnote.

In summary, the deathnote is merely a multidimentional object with no inherent limitations of it's own. The only limitations put on it are through the incapacities of it's users be they shinigami or humans...

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?