(#34 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-08-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
So the ninja is willing to sacrifice his honor, for the sake of his promise. The samurai will break his promise to save his honor.
That's an interesting way of looking at it...

Listening to all of your guys' opinions makes me wonder if maybe the shinobi and the bushi were in and you for each other. Actually, I'm sure of it.

Talk to Tenchu about this once and you'll learn that the Samurai were very clean people. They clung to the purity of self with a death grip.

And from what other people are saying in this thread, the Ninja were more occupied with accomplishing their goal at whatever cost.

Sounds like near opposites, to me.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

But, I think I'll ask everyone here to show proof that the ninja and samurai were as is here being said. I don't know how much you all know, but I doubt any of you really know a hell of a lot. Feel free to correct me .

Oh, here's one for those of you saying the samurai could have used Aikido...

Aikido did not even exist until the 1920's. The Samurai class was long gone by that time. Aikijujutsu, from which Aikido derives, also seems to have been developed long after the end of the Samurai.

So a Samurai would not have been able to use Aikido against a Ninja in unarmed combat. He would have been more likely to use Karate, but then only if he'd spent a lot of time in Okinawa.

But make no mistake: just because the Bushi used kenjutsu, doesn't mean they were useless without a sword. If I recall my readings correctly, kenjutsu as it was only two hundred years ago taught a lot more than just how to beat someone over the head with a four foot long piece of steel. Nothing at all like kendo.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.