(#36 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
03-08-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Amnell, you still have not truly understood the point of it. I tried to tell you last time so now I think there is no point. But last time I was using WW2 as an example. I dont know.

Hmn, I have posted them before, and everyone missed the point, I will post them again but I only expect the same result.

Amnell, you are still unable to see what I am talking about because you live in your world, with your values. If you trained full time as a Warrior for long enough eventually you would come to realize what I am saying as true. It is the only form of strength. All else you practice is weakness, as it has not the power to stand strong when faced with the real possibility of death. You continuously over look this, and will continuously run from death. I wonder when you would ever form a will like me that is strong enough to stand up against ALL things? Never, I think. Not like that, anyway.
I've read these things many times. I understand perfectly the viewpoint. It's not that I'm not getting the concept. I just don't believe it. That's how it was when we last discussed this (at the end of said discussion). My belief is different; my definition of what makes a true warrior is different. I wouldn't say drastically so, but it is.

I do live in my world with my values. I value life (Life is the process; death is the result). I want my life to be the best that it can be so that when I look back, on the edge of death, I'm not disappointed. This is like your view, so far. The difference is that I also place value in my life of itself. How can I look back on my life (upon dying) and say that I did life right when I threw it away for someone else, someone with a bigger sword? How can I concentrate on living my life when I'm preoccupied with the thought of death? Even as a warrior, with death as a constant companion, I think that I would be more than happy to "take a vacation", as it were, at every opportunity.

I've said this before: I don't DISagree with your viewpoint; it's not wrong. I only feel that it's a little extreme.

With your last statement, if you mean would I be willing to die for something, then, yes, I would be. If it were something that I truly believed could be benefited by my life's end and it were something that I truly wanted to benefit, I would. If you mean do I have the fortitude and constitution to stand up to anything and come out fighting, then, yes, I do. Aside from my older sister, I'm about the most tenacious little fuck I know (yet even I know that there's a limit to things and will graciously bow out when that limit has been reached).

Last time we discussed this, I tried to explain how I think. Well, I've revised my thinking since then, so now allow me to (hopefully succinctly) explain myself:

I believe that the universe requires balance. The same as the Taoists, the same as the Egyptians, etc. Death is the balance to life, light to dark, good to evil, etc. (Samurai to Ninja XD ). Always occupying yourself with death, I believe, would disrupt the balance of your existence. In reality, preoccupations with death tend to occur in individuals who are mentally unstable or physically ill (and one can bring about the other).

(Aside: you don't have to read this part)I don't think of death as a constant companion, as Bushi did; rather, I think of death as a simple inevitability and nothing more. Being afraid of it is pointless. Having said that, I'm still not satisfied with my life, so I would like to continue living for a while longer until I "set my affairs in order" (Thank God I'm still young).

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.