View Single Post
(#569 (permalink))
Old
aikochan86 (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2008, 03:15 PM

LolitaLover -

Hi there! I'm 21 and live in Australia and I haven't got a uni degree either. I had to stop uni a while ago and have been working boring jobs since then.

On Friday I'm going to Japan for 2 months. My parents gave me a ticket for my 21st birthday but I worked hard and saved for food, travel and accommodation by myself.

Take advantage of the 90days tourist visa by saving really hard and going away for a month or two. Your city will probably have a sister city in Japan and you may even be able to organise a homestay through them. Homestay is not only a lot cheaper than hotels/hostels but it means you can truly experience the Japanese lifestyle and learn the language.

You are probably not going to be considered for employment without a university degree. That said, there are many ways to get into uni in Australia and a lot of support out there to help you through your degree.

Also, think about if you really want to live and work in Japan and what kind of job you would be happy doing. There's nothing stopping you from working over here and going on a holiday to Japan every 1 to 2 years!

However, if living in Japan is your true dream then you can achieve your goal! Hard work and a passionate attitude can get you anywhere.