View Single Post
(#281 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-06-2008, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereignEvil View Post
Hahaha, just because he's featured there doesn't mean he's into JUST rock, because that was what I said. Media has no idea how to put genres nowadays, you should know that. I saw a review of a Moi dix Mois concert where they called them glam rock when the band clearly plays gothic metal, so my advice is not to trust something from the television.
I know I don't trust everything I see on Television lol. But my point is that he is "mainly" a rock star, is he not? All his genres aren't hip-hop or classical music or country.. or any other sub-genres to do with those. The main title of genre he performs under is "Rock".
I personally don't complicate things. Whether you like NiN, Korn, RATM, System of a Down, Lacuna Coil, The Gathering.. whatever.. it's all Rock to me and I enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Loads of people do that, it's a great way for people who have been ignored for years to get noticed and get their opinion heard. Maybe that's just how he is anyway? Who knows, either way, it worked.
Lol he's admitted he uses shocking as a way to sell his records and get some "points" across.
I also know others who use the same ploy, mostly in POP these days.
MM is one of the top people i'd say who use that sort of thing and get noticed for it.
My point is, he isn't as successful anymore and people acknowledge that. Perhaps if he was more straight forward with his "points", he'd get popular again.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 04-06-2008 at 11:41 AM.