View Single Post
(#282 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-06-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post

Lol he's admitted he uses shocking as a way to sell his records and get some "points" across.
I also know others who use the same ploy, mostly in POP these days.
MM is one of the top people i'd say who use that sort of thing and get noticed for it.
My point is, he isn't as successful anymore and people acknowledge that. Perhaps if he was more straight forward with his "points", he'd get popular again.
I can't think of a pop star that uses shock to sell records... most of them conform to get popular, you know, give the people what they want, and be the typical popstar that they are expected to be. If you mean in terms of the media such as scandal and so on, these are two different things.

I was thinking of groups, protesters, like Fathers For Justice who do some pretty radical things to get noticed, also animal rights campaigners who jumped aboard the Japanese whaling boats, they were plastered all over the media, similar to Marilyn Manson when he first released music about sex, drugs and violence. I think his appearance also helped since lots of bands talked about that previously but there wasnt as much hype around them. And maybe because Manson is a bit more blatant than other artists.