View Single Post
(#296 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

04-08-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovereignEvil View Post
Gothic metal is a type of metal, just because it spawned from rock doesn't mean it's rock. Like calling new wave a type of rock, just because it spawned from post-punk which spawned from punk which spawned from rock. You go out and label everything rock, because I don't feel like I could brighten up your mind even if I got the rest of my life.

And by the way, I'm not even sure that gothic metal is an actual genre, it's just the name of an album, like "Love Metal". If it were goth then it would be accepted in the subculture, but is Lacuna Coil accepted? No, we trash their asses!
By "we" you mean "you". Lacuna Coil is a good band.
This is the age old problem with people. They pass off their opinion as fact without an real evidence for hating or liking a thing.
When I put my opinion forward about MM, I gave reasons behind it. The fact he uses shock value to sell records and the "meaning" to his songs is over shadowed by that tactic so it doesn't really appeal to everyone.
So really, all you've said is that Lacuna Coil sucks and "we" accept it as trash.
I don't, I have almost all their albums.
Thanks for trying to brighten up my life though

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers