Thread: Martial Arts
View Single Post
(#66 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-20-2008, 11:27 AM

I am still a bit stunned to see martial artist getting involved in street situation, shouldn't we have more self control? I though we were all trained to control ourselves?

You know, where I grew up, it is illegal for a well train artist to be involved in a street fight, because our body is considered as a weapon

Tenchu, I do agree that it is likely that your opponent will be more than one person, and I do more striking than anything else myself, but my post wasn't to doubt submission/grappling/throw, its more of a question to chaseme why did he felt that submission is more useful in a street situation

BUT, submission/grappling/throw are also good against multiple oppnents, only an idiot will spend more than one move on each opponent on a street situation. Its not like you are trying to wrestle him to the ground like you would on the UFC.

All arts are useful in any and all situation IF one is trained properly, its all about how much and how well you are trained, you can't generalize which technique or art is better, all arts are useful (with one exception, which I don't want to go into details) as long as the person practicing it knows what he/she is doing

Tenchu, mind telling us how old you are?