View Single Post
(#53 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-05-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post
Ivon: I've decided to overlook your post. Mostly because I'm dealing with people from both sides. People who hate Americans and constantly assume the worst and Americans who fit those assumptions, which in the end becomes very hard to try and argue with both sides.
Lol you could always just agree with one side according to what in your opinion, is closer to the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I don't want to get into a policical argument, but the America of 2004 and the America of 2008 is very different. Bush won on a campaign of fear, not popularity. "Vote for me. I'll protect you." At that time the number one issue was Terrorism. It wasn't long after 9/11 and he was engaging who, at that time, we thought was the enemy.

Now the number one issue is the economy, not terrorism. Bush's policies have literally sent 100's of thousands of jobs overseas, millions have lost their homes. Gas prices are up over 300% since he took office, and we give tax breaks to the oil companies which made records profits in the 10s of billions in the first THREE MONTHS of 2008 alone. The American people see this and are sick of it. It's not just me saying it. Bush has the lowest approval rating of a president EVER right now. That wasn't true four years ago.

So that's why they would change now.
That might be well and good but i've been seeing a trend since I was young. That is, you get a president who goes and polices the globe then you get one who comes in after and cleans up the economy. Then you get another president again who polices the globe and people get sick of him and again a new president is chosen to clean up the mess.
So right now Obama might win but it's no gurantee that the America of 2012 will remember the mistakes of 2004, hence repeating them.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 06-05-2008 at 12:56 AM.