View Single Post
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Fumouffu (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Fumouffu Send a message via MSN to Fumouffu Send a message via Yahoo to Fumouffu
06-09-2008, 12:57 AM

Yuh, it does suck that some of those companies are closing down but there's nothing you can really do about it. I'm sure if people mentioned it before people wouldn't mind donating or buying things from the company. But there are places where people CAN'T buy their anime or manga.. you have to think about that too. You're pretty much telling those people that they can't read anymore manga or watch anymore anime so you guys can keep buying yours. I think cutting the prices would help a lot too. I own many manga and all together that's hundreds and hundreds of dollars.. 10 volumes = $100. And DvDs are around $15-30 each. There's also people like the xGatck person who really wouldn't want to spend money on seeing dubbed versions of anime and would like to see the original Japanese. Not only that, you're asking thousands and thousands of people to cut back which would be very impossible.. (Sorry, but it's true.) Not only that why not complain about the people who illegally download their music? What about them? Don't you think the artists here in America and the C.D. stores deserve some complaining too? Illegal downloading is everywhere, we can't stop it. Some people can't get their stuff.. and people have realized that.(Which is why they have free manga in the first place.) You can't make two sides happy. You're hurting the readers by trying to save the companies. I see what you're saying but it kind of hurts me when I'm seeing only this one-sided thing.. yuh it would be good for companies but what about the other people? Do you not care for them?
Anyhow, good luck trying to stop people from downloading anime and manga. Doing the impossible is pretty hard. D:

Smile and stay positive!

Living the happy life!