View Single Post
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-10-2008, 09:49 PM

I think when it comes to downloading Anime you can't say it's 100% right or 100% wrong, you've got to use common sense.

I downloaded Monster, and because I downloaded it I bought the manga and will buy the anime if they ever release it.

I downloaded the whole of Ergo Proxy, but after I saw a few episodes I knew that I liked it, I deleted it and bought the DVDs instead.

Other anime I download, watch a couple of episodes, think it's rubbish, delete it and then don't buy it. So basically what I'm left with is stuff that hasn't been released yet.

I can understand that people don't have much money, but there are some very cheap box sets out there, and if one of them is a series which you've downloaded and enjoy then why not buy it? (Look on Amazon, if you've not got a credit card I'm sure your parents can use theirs)

In fact there's so many cheap films and boxsets out there that I don't think people can say "If I don't download it I'll be starved of anime". Ok you'll be deprived of a particular series you want to watch but it's like saying "If I don't have a porsche I can't get to work" You don't have to steal a porsche, you can buy a moped instead.

Last edited by Haggis : 06-10-2008 at 09:59 PM.