View Single Post
(#54 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-10-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumouffu View Post
Yuh, it does suck that some of those companies are closing down but there's nothing you can really do about it.
I just explained exactly what you can do about it.

Quote:
I'm sure if people mentioned it before people wouldn't mind donating or buying things from the company. But there are places where people CAN'T buy their anime or manga.. you have to think about that too.
If you can steal it off the Internet that means you can buy it off the Internet.

Quote:
You're pretty much telling those people that they can't read anymore manga or watch anymore anime so you guys can keep buying yours.
We are all on the same team. Let's say there is a candy store and half of the people go and buy their candy there, and the other half go and shoplift thier candy. Then the store says "If people don't stop stealing, we won't be able to afford to stay open." So as a customer, I am asking the shoplifters to stop stealing, because when the store closes, guess what. No more candy for ANYONE.

Quote:
I think cutting the prices would help a lot too. I own many manga and all together that's hundreds and hundreds of dollars.. 10 volumes = $100. And DvDs are around $15-30 each. There's also people like the xGatck person who really wouldn't want to spend money on seeing dubbed versions of anime and would like to see the original Japanese.
Cutting down on stealing would also bring prices down.

And rare is the anime release that is only dubbed, and not subbed. Actually now companies like RightStuf are doing some ONLY subbed versions.

Quote:
Not only that, you're asking thousands and thousands of people to cut back which would be very impossible.. (Sorry, but it's true.) Not only that why not complain about the people who illegally download their music?
"He stole candy, so it's OK for me to, too". Is that the argument?

The reason I am talking about anime and manga stealing is because 1) this is an anime and manga forum and 2) it is the industry I work in.

A manga only hopes to sell 10,000 copies if it is lucky, so if "thousands and thousands" are stealing those manga, that is incredibly damagaing to the industry.

Quote:
What about them? Don't you think the artists here in America and the C.D. stores deserve some complaining too? Illegal downloading is everywhere, we can't stop it.
Some people can't get their stuff.. and people have realized that.(Which is why they have free manga in the first place.)
There is no free manga. Illegal downloading is everywhere, and it is damaging the music industry as well as the anime and manga industry.

You have no argument. You can't defend stealing.

Quote:
You can't make two sides happy. You're hurting the readers by trying to save the companies. I see what you're saying but it kind of hurts me when I'm seeing only this one-sided thing.. yuh it would be good for companies but what about the other people? Do you not care for them?
Anyhow, good luck trying to stop people from downloading anime and manga. Doing the impossible is pretty hard. D:
Are you blind? Did you read my first post.

Anime and manga publishers are not Exxon and Shell. They aren't putting up billions in profits and sapping you of all your precious cash. This isn't the industry VERSUS the fans. People who steal aren't fans, because they don't give a crap about the people that spend their hard work making awesome stories and bringing them into English. Look: The number one anime company in the US went out of business. Number 2 is about to. The number 1 manga company just fired 40% of it's staff. Is this getting into your head at all? TokyoPop has already cut 80 volumes for release this year, and a ton more scheduled for next year.

I don't know how to say it any simpler: Real fans don't steal. Those who steal are hurting everyone else.

Last edited by MMM : 06-10-2008 at 10:46 PM.