View Single Post
(#55 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-10-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumouffu View Post
But there's some people who can't buy anything, which is the sad thing. And some people don't have the money to get the mangas. I mean to some people 10 dollars is a lot, you should take that into consideration too.
Go to the library. Go to a friends house. Start an manga club and share with each other. half.com and even amazon usually sell for much less than the cover price. Birthdays, Christmas, there are all kinds of ways to get anime without stealing.

Quote:
And it's not that I'm saying we should KEEP doing it just to HURT the company.. I was only stating that it actually hurt the readers too and that it's kind of hard to save both the readers and the company.
I wish I could afford to drink Dom Perignon in a jacuzzi every night. But I can't. That's life. That doesn't give me the right to steal to get my fix.

Read closely: No company = no readers. You either support your favorite publishers or you hurt them.

Quote:
I feel pretty horrible about the company AND the readers. But it seems that everyone is just sad about the company and not the readers.
I feel terrible for real fans who spend their hard-earned money when thieves who steal the books online force series to be cancelled in the middle of the story and pulishing houses to shut down.

Quote:
I think maybe you guys could at least see how it hurts the readers too and try and do something about it. ]:
What do you think this whole thread is about?!?

Quote:
So please read the post over before assuming the worse. And try and think about the readers just a little bit at least? That's all I'm asking. People seem to just and only worry about the companies because the companies give them what they want.
Without real fans, there would be no companies. Of course the companies support the fans. Don't make them sound evil. Fans should do everything they can to support the industry. Why? More titles. More volume.

Quote:
"Companies gives us anime! So we're going to worry about the companies! Readers take away our companies! Darn you readeeers! Ebil ebil, ban, ban! Readers do nothing for us so we're not going to worry about them!" Is how it seems like you're saying. D: Please care for other people too..
Companies bend over backwards to support real fans. Those are fans who understand that to ensure the survival of their favorite publishers, they need to give support and get their products through legitimate means.

People who steal anime and manga off the internet aren't "readers" or fans. They are leeches.

That's not fair?

Think about it this way. Whenever you aren't sure if you are on the high moral ground or not, ask yourself "What if EVERYONE did X? Would the result be GOOD or BAD?"

What if everyone treated their neighbors with kindness? That would be good.

What if everyone told thier librarian they'd like to see more manga on the library shelves? That would be good.

Now what if everyone stole manga off the Internet instead of buying it or getting it through legitimate sources? If that happened the entire industry would be forced to shut down within a month. There would be no more manga for anyone.

There is no excuse for stealing manga over the Internet.

---------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I think when it comes to downloading Anime you can't say it's 100% right or 100% wrong, you've got to use common sense.
If it is a title that is licensed in your country, then it is 100% wrong.

Quote:
I downloaded Monster, and because I downloaded it I bought the manga and will buy the anime if they ever release it.
You did the right thing. (Great title, too)

Quote:
I downloaded the whole of Ergo Proxy, but after I saw a few episodes I knew that I liked it, I deleted it and bought the DVDs instead.
If everyone did that, there would be any problems. Unfortunately, most people don't do that.

Quote:
Other anime I download, watch a couple of episodes, think it's rubbish, delete it and then don't buy it. So basically what I'm left with is stuff that hasn't been released yet.
Haggis, you are like that guy that can use heroin, and then just stop because he doesn't feel like taking it any more. Unfortunately, you are in the extreme minority. Most people, once they start, can't stop.

Quote:
I can understand that people don't have much money, but there are some very cheap box sets out there, and if one of them is a series which you've downloaded and enjoy then why not buy it? (Look on Amazon, if you've not got a credit card I'm sure your parents can use theirs)

In fact there's so many cheap films and boxsets out there that I don't think people can say "If I don't download it I'll be starved of anime". Ok you'll be deprived of a particular series you want to watch but it's like saying "If I don't have a porsche I can't get to work" You don't have to steal a porsche, you can buy a moped instead.
Beautifully put.

Last edited by MMM : 06-10-2008 at 10:47 PM.