View Single Post
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-16-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
I won't talk shit about KM, as far as I understand it it's designed to _work_, and not taught according to some old doctrine. I have respect for that.

Ofcourse a good kung-fu guy could woop your ass. But do kung-fu teachers revise the system constantly? Do they say "hey, this kick would not work in e.g. a bar, lets redesign it"? If they do, I've never heard of it.

Oh and well, if you bash Muay thai... Seriously go watch some real title matches from Thailand, and then say you could stand off to one of those guys in any setting.

Arguing about Martial Arts vs soldiers is as funny as it is pointless. A soldier will be trained to use his weapons and kill, in any way he can. And well, if a modern soldier doesn't have his weapons, then he's handicapped.
Yeah, I think most of us have agreed to that. And of course it's the person, not the art. Mostly, were argueing Tenchus foolish ideas ..and other proclivities he's thrown out there. Some of us just aren't even answering him.

Really, a really tough SOB wlth no training can waste a martial arts guy if he's not squared away.