View Single Post
Old
Hackimoto (Offline)
Fighting the blues

07-29-2008, 02:46 PM

I've known so few people who even liked the game. I think because it's so story driven with less action and huge swords and spikey hair and that stuff. And because it was so romantically themed and it gets pretty mushy in parts. That's partly what I liked about it. That, and how much I identified with Squall at the time. At that time in my life we were very much the same. I would say I more closely resemble Laguna nowadays. And I don't think I've ever been more genuinely concerned for a character's well being as when Rinoa is marooned in space and is about to die. And yeah, the junction system was cool, I liked being able to focus on a particular stat like that. Plus I like when there's a lot of hidden dialogue and other stuff like that. You can see that a lot of programming went into the game. I sometimes like to go out of my way to see hidden stuff like that just out of respect for the people who took the time to put it there. And the graphics were amazing, especially for the PS1, and it was cool the way they integrated the FMV into the real time gameplay. I thought it was a bit ahead of the curve for back then.