View Single Post
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
08-14-2008, 04:29 PM

I've been wanting to go to Japan for a while now, but only until recently have I looked into it more seriously.

I love the thrill and adventure of something new, and after living in So Cal for 21 years of my life, I desperatly need it.

Ashamed of myself quite a bit, I've been looking at Japan through rose colored glasses. When reality sunk in, yeah I was a bit disappointed, but mostly in myself for a unrealistic vision of a country I've yet to visit.

Now that reality's sunk in, and I've learned and thought more about the culture as a whole, I'm more excited to go there than I've ever been.

Just gotta' have an open mind is all; after all, you're the foreigner there, regardless of whatever foreign country you visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACGalaga View Post
If you plan on ever working in this country, always remember; you will NEVER be Japanese.
This too, it hits a lot of people hard to know that no matter how hard they try, they'll always be considered an outsider. Of course, that's just generally speaking; I can imagine that on a personal level with friends you make, stuff like that doesn't matter too much.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.

Last edited by ThirdSight : 08-14-2008 at 04:32 PM.