View Single Post
(#155 (permalink))
Old
Ukarea (Offline)
New to JF

Living in Japan - 03-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Folks, this is one hell of a discussion. Very interesting. I can understand why getting into Japan and let alone living there is one hell of a difficulty! But aside from the nitty and gritty of it all, I found the japanese people very graceful, full of respect even though hard to bend on rules and generally kind and considerate. I have lived in Nagoya, Japan for a few months not so long ago. And I must admit, I fell in love with the people, the culture and the infrastructural system. I would love to do it again if the opportunity is given me. But my difficulty is of curse, language. I'm not a teacher nor do I have experiene in that field. Nothwithstanding that, I will damn take on the challlenge of teaching english as a foreign language if that's what it takes to get back and start a living in Japan and start making hard cash. Oh, by the way, I also have close to 10 years experience in print journalism. So if anyone there can help set me up for a print journo post with an English newspaper in Japan, if there's any, I would gladly take it on.

Looking forward to getting any comments, advice, whatever! Ta.