View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-18-2008, 06:41 AM

Since you're taking it in a classroom setting, you should form study groups and study together with your classmates. Whatever vocab you guys learn in each section, study it and try to form sentences using the new vocabulary.

As for Hiragana and Katakana, just keep writing it out until you memorize it. As for Kanji...I guess, in theory, you should do the same as the Hiragana and Katakana.

All that aside, you have a great advantage. You can have a bunch of people to work with. In my case, since I'm older and taking "lessons", there was only one other person with me for the time I took it (after work, when I had a job). It's only once a week too. Now I'm back to being by myself again, which means a lot of self study. I wish I was in the situation where I could work with a group of people to help improve. Seems that would be more helpful that being in a class by yourself.

Last edited by SSJup81 : 09-18-2008 at 06:49 AM.