View Single Post
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-26-2008, 07:15 PM

Yes, I am different IRL.

I'm quite expressive and active at home and on the internet, but generally I'm a very shy (even around people I've known for years) and quiet person.

It's interesting, though. Sometimes I feel more comfortable sharing my opinion over the computer... Because I have the option of reviewing what I'm going to say and editing any mistakes. Although there are some limitations, one might even say there is more freedom, in a way.

My language IRL can also be quite loose. I do speak proper English, but I am surrounded by a lot of slang-using folks, so sometimes it's just easier to get your message across when you're speaking in a way they can understand it. That sounds so pathetic, but it's true sometimes.

I don't, however, want to be lazy in my typing. I think it's better that I learn to type proper words, with proper grammar and spelling than type lyk dis cuz itz kewl...

My general attitude online stays, more or less, the same.
I expect people to be respectful, at very least, regardless of belief; unless that belief hinders you of such things -- in which case, I'd expect you to be an ass.
I do understand that respect is earned... But I don't expect gross respect... I expect just enough to support moderation in behavior.

Also, I probably seem friendlier IRL.
You guys get the lesser side of that deal.