Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
11-04-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryuop View Post
Kanji taught in Japanese school from 1st to 6th grade
I am not sure how reliable it is this, but actually this is also the order I use to study my kanji and when I say study I mean learn all their readings and meanings. Well the meanings for which they are mostly known since many of them have too many to study like that, you need to meet them in phrases.

So far I am at 100 kanji studied, most of the first grade and some from the second and third (trying to get most of the verbs first). That doesn't mean I know only those 100, but I know those 100 in all readings and meanings.
I tell you that it is a hard job and I admire a kid in Japan who learns 200ish kanji a year (it took me like 3 months to learn those).
However you have to consider two things when you mention how much a Japanese kid learn in one scholar year: first, his brain is empty and it is less harder to fill it with new kanji. He doesn't have another language that takes up part of his brain and thus he doesn't have to try to translate every single bit of information he receives. Second, a Japanese kid lives in a Japanese full immersion situation in which he already has the basic of Japanese, thus he already knows the word whose kanji is about to learn and how to use those words.
yep exactly

you're at a "disadvantage" from the beginning. so nothing will help you more than hardwork and dedication

there's a guy who has a proven theory (worked on himself) about learning japanese thru immersion ( All Japanese All The Time Dot Com: How to learn Japanese. On your own, having fun and to fluency. ) it's very interesting, but also very dedicated. Of course he was in Japan when he did this too. If anything it's an interesting read. XD

ホラ顔上げぇな・・