(#99 (permalink))
Old
typing (Offline)
JF Regular

11-26-2008, 02:19 AM

Edited to toan down the anger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Excellent Q/A from the old thread. Enjoy.

This means that you are given 10 days you can ask to receive as holidays. You will get some national holidays off and they should be paid for as well. There will be most likely other holidays that are unpaid around like the New Year holiday.
Acctually since the original question asked about NOVA

You get 10 days off in the year.

You get your regular 2 day weekend, but for any extra holidays you are looking at "Shift Swaps" (So trading your weekend with someone else so you maybe work two weeks streight but then get 4 extra days off) or you get your 10 days vacation. However because you have to request those days off, in writing, a month in advance, and it's only a maybe if they'll say yes.
Oh once your contract is coming up they have to say yes, or pay you for 10 extra days of work (I'm not sure but I think you can choose, you can also "Rollover" your 10 days but you can only do this once and you can't take the full 20 days in one hit)

At most other schools (GEOS, English Center, ALT work.) You get national holidays off and 10 paid vacation days and usually 5 sick days. But with certain schools they'll either make your days off on a Sunday and Monday (So the majority of National Holidays land on your holiday anyway so you get nothing) or they don't give you any national holidays (I think AEON and Berlitz are open on national holidays)

I'm sure this has been corrected already but I saw it and had to point it out.

I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited by typing : 11-26-2008 at 03:00 AM.