(#51 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
There is a game called Eternal Darkness on the Gamecube. Brilliant game that got rave reviews but slipped under the radar of most gamers.

The gameplay is a bit dated now but the story is freaky.

However the part of the game which freaks me out is the unique way in which the game makes you insane. You have a sanity meter which when almost empty, things start happening to your gameplay experience. At first it will be something simply like a fly walking across the TV. It looks real and the first time I experienced it I swatted at the fly but it wouldn't fly away. It took me a while to realise that I was imagining things. Other effects include when going to save your game... the game will act as if it deleted it instead and will return you to the title screen momentarily. I was almost crying considering the progress I made when I first experienced this but soon enough was returned to the game.
Wow, quite an "interactive" game. It might just piss me off though, hahaha. "NOOOOO MY SAVE! ARGHH- gah- huh? Oh...well what the sh*t was that for!" Gahahaha.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子