Thread: Long Distance
View Single Post
(#245 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 05:11 AM

Chair force, eh? That's a good deal for y'all. If he's going Air National Guard, he'll only train one weekend a month. If he's Active he'll still have nights and weekends free, so if you live close to his base you'll see each other often. If he becomes an officer he can live off base. Either way, Air Force deployments are always 6 months or less

Couples of any kind need more than love. But in long distance you especially need to share trust, and you can't be the types who like getting wasted, flirting, and "oops I accidentally kissed someone else." You won't be able to sleep at night without trust.

Relatively quickly, you'll need to establish a pretty clear plan for your future. It won't be a situation where you can just date "for fun". Like I said, don't go into it unless you're sure this guy's the one, but if you're planning to wait on him you already know that. You need direction, or your heads will explode in frustration.

You gotta share some method of contacting each other on a regular basis.

There's lots of other things I'm sure, but I can't really explain it so well. It's just a lot more demanding than a regular relationship, but in the end when you own an apartment together and you lay down in that bed on the first night... you'll know it's worth it.

I'm so used to seeing college couples acting so sad when they're separated for a weekend, or military couples b*tching and moaning when they're away for a month of two. You'll go through hardships but when you can laugh at these people, you'll realize the depth of your relationship.

You'll go through a lot, and it's not easy. But it's totally worth it.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan