Thread: Long Distance
View Single Post
(#248 (permalink))
Old
Saffron (Offline)
I'm leaving

Send a message via AIM to Saffron
12-24-2008, 11:39 AM

Thank you keaton! In the past there has been a few guys that at the start I thought I had a connection with but they just turned out to be selfish. I don't know if race has anything to do with it but they were not westerners. So they were reserved too but alot more than I am. So I can understand what you mean by frustrating. It looks like your girl is very much like you, which is an important factor. I understand that if a guy only loves himself, he is not capable of loving anyone else. I know the only way a long distance relationship would work out for me is I have a very good friendship with the guy. I need to feel secure which because of my childhood I am a very insucure girl. I think apart from other things if I felt secure with a guy then I seriously would consider having a relationship with that guy. However for that to happen it takes time. Problem is I feel like I don't have enough strength left to keep starting again. Seriously I do feel like giving up. Mostly I have only known a guy for a month or so before I realize he is a idiot haha. It really wears me out. Some guys haven't lasted past two emails. If I am fooled, they don't usually fool me for very long. For that reason I think I really need to know someone for a long time or at least six months. Though as you said when I am ready and they are to. Online dating is really a pain in the you know what.