Thread: Lolita Clan
View Single Post
(#293 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-25-2008, 11:02 AM

Mana is just an iconic singer that dresses in Lolitaesque clothing, he didn't neccesarily invent anything, just adapted styles, so you are essentially both right in a way. Lolita and EGA just come from all sorts of places, not just primarily one source, Gothic Aristocrat is popular here and is influenced by Victorian English styles and Elegant Gothic Artistocrat is just a more extreme version of that original idea, it can be more feminine, more lace and frills, but it can also be more masculine, pocket watches etc. Mana is just a popular figure who wears those type of clothing, and in the Lolita world some love him, some hate him. Personally, I am indifferent, I don't like his music, but I like some people who he has produced for example Kanon Wakeshima, I like his clothing sometimes but not on a man. You don't have to dress as a female to be EGA, there is EGA for men and EGA for women, it just seems like Mana is wearing the female version of it over the standard male version.

EGA is the same as any alternative fashion, there is ALWAYS more clothes aimed at females. There is always more clothes for female in ANY type of fashion, because stereotypically females simply shop a lot more. It doesn't have to be aimed in any particular way, that's just how it is. You are more likely to see a gothic girl than a gothic guy for example, same with Lolita - my Lolita Fruits book is brimming with females with a few guys there.

BTW: After christmas I'm going to be selling some of my Lolita/Goth/Punk/VK clothing, I just need to get pictures of them. I will put them up on the Buy/Sell/Trade Section.