View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-13-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSamurai89 View Post
Yeah Im a bit nervous what happens when I transfer out of this college. It feels like people try to scare me about the college I want to go to. That its really top and costs alot. I want to go for animation. The college is a design school and requires you to have a laptop and stuff. But I just keep telling myself it will work out in the end and I will find a way. I hate how it always comes down to the money. >o< I thought college was free in your country? Or is that only certain parts? In any case, thats how it works here. Some loans and grants are better than none. I would take what you can get just to get started. Dont they offer jobs at the college?
College is free, University isn't.

In England it goes: Nursery > Primary School > High School > College or 6th Form > University.

Exams go like this: Primary School [SATs Exams] > High School [SATs and GCSEs.] > To get to 6th Form or College you need good GCSEs > 6th Form/College [A Levels or BTEC] > To get into Uni you need good A Levels/BTEC and a bunch of other stuff > University. [Degree.]

Kind of confusing I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I mean, couldn't you take a break from school altogether to work up some cash?

Thief, thanks, but you're not helping. When you're young it sounds ideal to just riot and make everything change. Fact is, we're adults trying to make ends meet.
Erm basically no, see now I'm doing A Levels, and then in September I go to Uni. I could take a gap year, but I have nothing to do at the moment and it'd feel like wasting time and money. And I've already applied and got into University. There is a few weeks spare between the end of A Levels and Uni but it's not really enough time.

I'm getting paid for some odd graphic design jobs, but they aren't that frequent.

Last edited by MissMisa : 01-13-2009 at 04:27 PM.