View Single Post
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-13-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
MissMisa, do you think the benefits are worth it? If you had to live away from home to get the benefits, would you do it?
haha, living away from home was the reason i went to uni! xD

and its not benefits like state benefits; its a loan... leaving home to scam benefits would only result in her have even less money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Here's my predicament. I'm going to join a Film School, and my course costs 17,5k per year, and it's a two year course. To add onto that, the camera itself I need, costs around 2k, and the programme (Downloadable, but no guarantee) that I need for editing, is around 600 pounds.

My parents, together, earn less than 15k a year. So you're not the only one in a tight squeeze
crap; i can understand that is ALOT

but the course should be able to provide some of the equipment.. most proper courses (at art & design Universities at least) have stuff students can use, on a loan like the libraries...

that and the computers (/macs) at the course should surely have said programme on them for you to use there?

you'd still need to buy it after the course, but it gives you more time to save up for it... also look into "Student" licensing on some software; Adobe does it, i got CS2 for £300 (normal rrp; £500/£600)

if your course can't provide any of that for you then look elsewhere, other ones might be able to

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲