View Single Post
(#42 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-13-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Have you asked if your parents' companies sponsor Students? Some companies like to help students. For example, my dad's company sponsored one of my brother's... However, my brother was outstanding in his studies. By the end of Uni, he was classed 5th in the whole of Europe for his subject whilst being at the top 5 Universities in the world for his subject!
With that said, you should look around at companies sponsoring you. It's also a great way to set up your career because most sponsors work in a way where you work for the company at the same time as you're studying.

Search around for a little. Contact some games companies etc. Usually they sponsor people in their final year of studies, but it's not unheard of to be sponsored throughout your course!
I did work experience at the BBC and my Dad knows a guy that works there. They were impressed when I went, and I got a good reference, but I think companies only sponsor you if you are going to work for them, in normal circumstances anyway. I could try there, but I have no idea. I'm not sure about my Dad's company either, but it's possible. I've contacted a ton of games companies but it's so hard to get them to even take you on for a day, let alone pay for Uni. It's the same with the BBC in the sense your best bet is to know someone on the inside. I'll definitely look into it though, anything is worth a shot.