(#122 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-23-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Mm, so you played it an beat it??
Yes, I'm playing it right now, but I didn't beat it yet.

Quote:
and Element of surprise, they used that alot in Silent Hill 3(but of course, plenty of gore as well)
I don't remember any elements of surprise in Silent Hill 3.

Quote:
Guess I' am kinda still looking forward to Homecoming, seems like it still has an interesting story line but I watched some vids online and on tv, and like you said it really doesn't look scary at all.
If the story wasn't scary for me, it doesn't mean it will be scary for you. It's somewhat similar to Silent Hill 2.

Quote:
Yeah, I like the fear you get when you have to fight a battle in Silent Hill, and you thought "damn, im gonna die"
You'll be saying that often, because there's a different battle system in Homecoming. There are light and heavy strikes and now you'll be able to evade attacks.

Quote:
I never played Resident evil four, there's escape buttons for battle....sounds like final Fantasy hmmm
I didn't say there are escape buttons like in Final Fantasy, if you haven't played Resident Evil 4 then it'll be harder to explain. What I meant was, that when you'll be watching short scenes when playing the game that require some "work".
Example: There will be scene where you're gonna have to take a toy out of a hole in the wall, when you'll be reaching for it something will grab your hand and a button will show up on the right screen and you'll gonna have to push the same button on your controller very fast, otherwise your hand will be torn off.
The scene is similar to the one in Silent Hill 2 when James is in the apartment building in one of the rooms, trying to take a key from the hole in the wall.

Quote:
Oh and didn't they show the other world changing a few times in Silent hill four?
In Silent Hill 4, the otherworld changes only when you go through a hole in the wall, which is in the bathroom in the room in which you're trap. I'm guessing that you haven't played Silent Hill 4.