View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
nukiuchi (Offline)
New to JF

Angry 05-07-2009, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcyk8703 View Post
Is anyone else concerned with this comment? I see a few people once in a while wearing a hijab and that won't make you stick out anymore than any other foreigner. Have you been to Japan before? The true problem may not be Japanese society accepting you, but you accepting Japan for what it is.

I'm also kind of an 'otaku' but I didnt arrive here with an image of what Japan would be for me so it works. If you believe Japan is like animes portray then a little more thought should be put into this idea of moving.
Anime is NOT why I want to go to Japan and it is NOT what I see Japan as! I was only interested in animes until I was 13 years old, now i only read 1 manga per year... With each year I have learned more and more about the Japanese and their life. Their way of living, work, education, culture, religion EVERYTHING!!!! and i have loved and adored every point and detail, top to bottom!

I have never went to Japan before and from all those dairies, blogs, and stories that people write about on their trip to Japan and how they get treated as gaijin, that's what scared me a little.

but i know japan for what it is as a breath taking nation that provides beauty and hopeful opprotunities for the future for all who resign within in. I love nippon for the country it is, not for the false media other countries see it as.