View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-18-2009, 01:31 AM

Just to toss in some random info...

I had my ears pierced when I was 8 or 9 (I forget). Totally normal, totally boring procedure... etc.
They became infected, and we later found out that I have an allergic reaction to pretty much any metal and a whole other slew of things. So I stopped wearing earrings pretty soon after.

Anyway, even after professional care, antibiotic treatments, etc - one side is perpetually infected and flares up without warning on a regular basis. It`s gotten so bad that I`ve had to go to the doctor to have it pierced and drained (TMI, I know). They`ve NEVER healed up, and if I feel the desire I can still put on earrings despite having not worn any for years and years at a time.

If I had that problem with my lip, wow, life would completely suck. I do not even want to imagine a part of my face swelling up and needing medical attention every few months. And I am a very cleanly person, it isn`t as if I let my ears get dirty.
At least I can hide my ear with my hair if there is a problem....

Things can and do go wrong. You may very well regret it later in your life, take it out, but have persistent issues. While piercings are better than tattoos when it come to being able to get rid of them there is still the opportunity for problems.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.