View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

05-18-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
The Japanese course exam is actually very hard. They rate with extreme detail - one tiny screw up on the test and you fail. The thinking is that if you can`t even remember to do it properly when you`re being tested on it, then there is no way they can trust you to follow the rules when you`re not. Hence, if you don`t actually take real classes and get a lot of serious practice under your belt, the chance of passing the test is extremely low. That`s something that drives foreigners in Japan mad when they try to just breeze through the test - they don`t realize that "I`ve been driving for 10+ years!" doesn`t mean anything if you can`t even follow the rules properly in a test environment.

My aunt is a driving instructor in the US, and I have to say - having gotten my license in Japan through the regular Japanese route of driving school then test... I am seriously SHOCKED that they allow 90% of the people over there (the US) to get a license.
Well, it doesn't surprise me

And kinda.. the city where I'm from has a fail rate over 50% (less than 50% of everyone that takes the test pass it on their first try), so it's actually kinda the same - one miss and you're out. Hell - I failed the driving test for my car license 4 times (only one for motorcycle)... a couple of times for infractions that wasn't the biggest in the world if you know what I mean.

なんでやねん!