View Single Post
(#71 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-20-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
It refers to how society in general views certain activities as being "male" or "female", as you said in your story. Martial arts are seen as "male", homemaking as "female". Your participation in martial arts was not the typical activity for a girl, so your mother objected.
I see. I understand now. Thanks.
So, your society has the same assumptions, right?

Quote:
There's no set format for beginning a story/post as you have been doing. I just noticed a contrast between how the post started out compared to how it continued afterwards. The feeling I got was that you put a lot of detail up front to get everything set up, then afterwards calmed down and wrote more naturally.
“I put a lot of detail to start my composition.” I will be careful about it. Thanks.

Quote:
Writing that way is something I find myself doing a lot in my own compositions. It's a good idea to just get it all out on the screen (or on paper), then do revisions. Tightening up the writing style, using the right amount of words and descriptions to provide an image, removing duplicate descriptions, and so on.
Mmm… It sounds difficult. My English is not that good. What I can only do is conveying my intensions now, but I will try somehow.

Quote:
Again, it will come with time and practice. Keep it up, and you'll find your own unique way of describing what you want others to picture in their minds.
Thanks a lot. You always help me. I wish I knew how I can describe my feeling here.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP