05-20-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriTokoro View Post
Hi.
Would you correct my English, please?
I'm sorry this is too long.

"My Crazy Mother"

The story continues.
Several months later, my mother told me to go to see a psychic with her.
I was astonished again.
Her reasoning was this: She saw a fortuneteller on the street. The person told her that she saw the spirit of my mother’s baby who had died before birth. The baby was a boy, and the spirit who is in her daughter said “You must have a daughter who is like a boy.”
I had never heard of this child because my mother had kept it a secret. I was surprised to hear about it now.
Anyway, I was angry because when my mother was asked if she had a daughter who was like a boy, and she said “Yes” without hesitation.
I have never looked like a boy!
She insisted that we should consult psychics for guidance. “The baby is living through you!”
I thought of it as an emotionally manipulative sales technique, but I agreed to go with her anyway. I just thought it would be OK if she felt fine with that. In addition, I thought I would be able to disprove the psychic.
And then, we went to see another psychic who seemed to be better.
My mother said she wanted to comfort the spirit. The psychic said “It’s sleeping. Don’t wake it up. Don’t do anything about it.”
It cost only 4000 yen.
Then, my mother dropped in a department store on the way home. She said, “I thought I would have to pay a lot of money to the psychic, so I brought a lot. Now, I can buy something.”
She bought an expensive leather coat. She didn’t buy anything for me.

Thank you!
*shakes head* Wow. It sounds like your mother has serious issues with your behaving differently that she wanted. I'm of the opinion that most "psychics" are little more than very skilled observers. They can tell the situation just by looking at a person, how they behave, and who is with them and how *they* act. That's one thing, but it's much better for them to have people who hear what should be obvious (including what they try to hide from themselves) as they tend to become repeat customers. Eventually these people are unable to make any decisions unless they consult these psychics.

It's quite the setup when it works.

Buying a leather coat for herself and nothing for you? That was *very* selfish of her.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"

Last edited by Koir : 05-20-2009 at 02:27 PM.