View Single Post
(#74 (permalink))
Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-21-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
*shakes head* Wow. It sounds like your mother has serious issues with your behaving differently that she wanted. I'm of the opinion that most "psychics" are little more than very skilled observers. They can tell the situation just by looking at a person, how they behave, and who is with them and how *they* act. That's one thing, but it's much better for them to have people who hear what should be obvious (including what they try to hide from themselves) as they tend to become repeat customers. Eventually these people are unable to make any decisions unless they consult these psychics.
Koir, thanks as always.
Pharmacists always do like that. I observed patients and guessed right their problems, and then I advised what they should do. Many elderly people come to hospitals just to tell their story, and pharmacists listen to them.

By the way, I seem to have failed telling my intensions.
Quote:
Her reasoning was this: She saw a fortuneteller on the street. The person told her that she saw the spirit of my mother’s baby who had died before birth. The baby was a boy, and the spirit who is in her daughter said “You must have a daughter who is like a boy.”
“You must have a daughter who is like a boy.” is said by the fortuneteller. Not the spirit.
The fortuneteller said that the spirit of my dead brother was with me (=the daughter).
My mother was surprised the fortuneteller guessed right my mother has a daughter (=me) before my mother told the fortuneteller my mother has a daughter (=me).

This is my revision.
“Her reasoning was this: My mother saw a fortuneteller on the street. The fortuneteller told my mother that the fortuneteller could see a spirit of my mother’s baby who had died before birth, the baby was a boy and it must be with my mother’s daughter (=me). The fortuneteller said “You must have a daughter and she must be like a boy.”

What do you think?
(Writing English is still too difficult to me. )

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP