View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-31-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
Sure, it might help signify power domestically. But once they actually hit a country with one it will be over. I doubt China would even step in for them anymore.
Why bother creating a new war when South Korea is already in a very huge political crisis?

For Japan, they first have to confront their old controversial adversary Chosen Soren, the North Korean representative in Japan. Now here's a problem: thanks to Japan's political crisis right now, it is very difficult to confront this pro-North Korean domestic group.

China and Russia will not. North Korea needs Russia and China's secret approval to actually act up. With the recent nuclear experiment, it is now impossible for North Korea.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Japan pushing to get Article 9 revised in light of current missile testing by North Korea? I thought I had read it somewhere but can't remember...
Doubt it when the LDP is not in the best shape. Article 9 could be revised... maybe 3-4 years ago. Now I don't think this is possible.