(#18 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-01-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

We aren't judging you. If you're a cold and terrible person, so am I. I wouldn't die for my parents. Perhaps my kids, but not my parents.
Well, in my case I`d be more likely to die for a random person on the street than my parents, but I am guessing that is irrelevant. Even if my parents were the most loving and wonderful people - I still wouldn`t sacrifice my own life for them. There simply isn`t enough merit in it for me even if it were my child. Die knowing they`d live on? Even if I love them to death, it wouldn`t matter as I would be dead.

Quote:
That's a fair point. So, there are more than one logical choice that leans either way. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make sure to think about that.
I think that in such a situation, or a similar one in real life - reflex would rule all. The chance you`re going to weigh logic against emotion is very very low.
At least I can say I`m pretty sure that is the case for me. If I could reach out and save someone, reflex is going to likely push me to do so - regardless of the effect that person`s survival will have on others and the future.

ETA;
Then again - now with a bit of thought - in such a situation I figure I`d be calm enough to think it out. I`ve done the "self or child" bit, and had no hesitation about choosing myself over child... And felt pretty devoid of emotion at the time.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 06-01-2009 at 06:54 PM.