Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-02-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
What are your views on this?
Morality is often a difficult subject.

A good example was, I saw a movie with the Governor of California in it, End of Days. Good movie.

The plot was, a young woman was to bear the child of the Demon, and Hell would reign over earth for the next 1,000 years (I wish this shit was real).

Of course, once the identity of the woman was discovered (before the child was born), and she was learned to be innocent, a truly honest man has to make the decision; kill the innocent to prevent the Demons reign, or hold true to virtue, and protect the womans life, thus risking evil.

A single line was dropped that I've said many times before; "You cannot prevent evil by doing evil".

That was often what many of you might remember I said about the nuclear bombings of Japan when we talked over it. I think it is true; you cannot prevent murder by killing people.

So rationality comes into it; in logic, it is better to kill a single woman, than let the Demon reign Hell of earth for 1,000 years. Perhaps if I was religous, I'd tell people that rationality and science are tools of the Demon himself; you're being tricked into becoming a murderer. If you consider things morally, rather than rationally, you will never bring harm to the innocent. Good people do not burn the skin off children with fire, regardless of what sense and reason tells you.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…