Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Welcome all to the new "Poetry Thread"

You go first!
I'd prefer if you stayed on on topic.

---

Now, just ot answer a few questions.

Quote:
What exactly is morality? And what is behaving logically? In nearly all cases, the moral choice is also the logical choice.
I find that there is a difference. To use morality in making a decision you use your views, and you use your emotions to make the decision for you. Thus, many a time, clouding your vision.

Let me give you an example. Let's use the car+granny example.

A good moral choice would be to save the granny's life, and then to find out a way to save the child.
A bad moral choice would be to let both die.

A logical choice would be to let the granny die, (Or the boy if you take Nyororins example).
An illogical choice would be trying to save both, because fate (when presented with it) is something we cannot change.

Something I noticed though, while writing that, is that illogical links to the good morality.

Quote:
I still don't understand the situation in the OP, but regardless of the answer someone will die. Therefore morality kind of goes out the window as regardless of the actor's action he will be saving a life and allowing a death.

So then the argument because an evaluation of the value of the child's life over the old woman's life.
Aye, it wasn't the best example, but I must admit, it's difficult to think up of such things on the spot. If anyone else has an example, I'm more than willing to use that.

Quote:
I think morality is a part of logicality. Or I can say Logicality must based on the morality.

What does it mean when a logic is not based on moral? On what the logic is based other than moral?
Morality I believe does not use logic. You cannot have a moral choice which uses logic. I have yet to go deeper into that than the situations I've thought of, but at the moment I stand by that belief.

The only way they intervene with each other, is when a good moral decision is an illogical decision, which is most of the time.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -