View Single Post
(#149 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nendoroid View Post
Curve the shoulders more and make sure when you're drawing a female there are either no or rare sharp or semi-sharp corners when it comes to drawing the body structure. Make sure you add shading and wrinkles to the bottom of that dress, it looks plastic and 2D. Your arms around the elbow need a bit of work; but for now it's looking great. Your head structure is that of a male's. Make sure you smooth those jaw corners and make sure the jaw is placed farther back into the mouth to make it look more of a female's. The mouth needs to be thinner, placed more down for an older look and closer to the eyes for a younger; play with it for a bit and you'll get the hang of it. Also, your perspective point on the character is a bit off, the eyes are looking slightly different ways; this makes a huge difference since the most viewed part of a human body is the eyes, when it comes to casual speculation. The anatomy of the head is tilted to the left, when it should be tilted to the right, thus giving it that male look noted above.
Oh dear, I look like a man, hah.

I drew this based off a picture of me, just designing a different dress:

Thanks for the advice, I can see what you mean now looking at it, so I'll make changes when I come back to it. It supposed to be a fashion design rather than a piece of art so that's why it's kind of sketchy, unfinished and unshaded at the moment. But I'll do that as I go!