Thread: New Moon
View Single Post
(#21 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
ill say it again...........its just a movie. its not based on actual vampires (if any exist at all). that like if i went to the vampire thread and said all vampires like to eat spinach and sunlight turns them invisible. thats all movies are for, to entertain. also myths fluctuate differently in every culture. and would it really be interesting to see a werewolf who couldnt transform in the middle of a conflict? they do it for entertainment purposes
Vampires are mythological beings, you don't take advantage and deform the myth to fit your story.

I noticed you don't see the bad side of this. Yes it is a movie, but do you know how much influence do movies have nowadays? A lot of kids watch Twilight and they will grow up thinking vampires sparkle when they expose to light. It will fuck up and entire mythology. I don't believe in vampires but I like mythology and I respect it as it is. I hate when a shitty writer fucks up all these great treasure we have with a shitty movie.

Take Underworld for example, again. It was more than amazing for me and they did not modify the actual myth. Lycans, were a race invented for the movie, but they did not mess up with Vampires and Werewolves at all. Actually they depicted vampires as the myth says, they don't care about humans but only for their bloodline.

Get it now? It's not just a simple movie. I'm talking about influence.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?